Cleaning a gun without the need of cleaning kit seems to be a difficult task. But it is preferably a simple process at a favorable condition and can be also done by using household items.
During the process of cleaning a gun, the main intention is to make the gun function properly without any difficulties.
The main intention should not be probably to make it look, but also work well as per your expectation.
In some cases, due to the unavailability of a cleaning kit at home or misplacement of the kit at the time of your need may make you feel uncomfortable.
But the fact is that it is not so difficult as you think, to remove impurities from a gun without a cleaning kit.
Here are some easy ways and procedures to follow for cleaning a revolver or gun at home with household items. You can try them out to get great results.
- First make sure that the gun is not loaded. Reassemble the gun according to the mechanism of your gun model since each and every gun disassembles in different methods. You must separate well enough in such a way that you are able to look over the bolt, chamber, barrel and frame.
- Now it’s time for you to look into them and start cleaning the bolt in its whole, chamber and as well as its barrel.
- Take a clean and neat cloth. Then with the help of cutting equipment being utilized, cut a few small squares out of the cloth. These squares of rag are required to be small in such a way to fit correctly into the barrel. Place them aside.
- With the leftovers of your tidy cloth, make it moist by dipping a little bit of lubricant oil on it. Hold on to the bolt with the damped rag and start wiping out all residues of oil, carbon and foreign objects that comes out of it till you obtain a smooth shiny surface from the metal parts.
- Be sure about the firing pin positioned at the inner side of the bolt is appointed with additional care and attention. Once it is over, keep it to a side.
- Holding on to the portion of the revolver that has both the chamber and the barrel, you are about to clear off all the mess that retained in the barrel, but not into the chamber. Place a small amount of oil on one of the square rag that you had cut out before and insert it onto the chamber. Using a rod like object drive in the tiny piece of cloth inside and out of front terminal of the barrel; repetition of this process must be continued till all dirt comes out.
- Grip onto the chamber along with the barrel parts of your gun, employ the waste rag left up to clean the interior divisions of the chamber the similar manner as you cleaned the bolt, wiping off excessive oil, impurities of carbon and residues of foreign matters away from the gun till you get a clear shiny surface in the body of the gun.
- Restore your gun, check again to ensure that the gun is unloaded and execute a “functions check” by firing it without bullets to notice if it is accurately assembled.
Following this method of cleaning a gun will be really ever easy than before, and makes you not to worry about a situation without a cleaning kit to clean the gun.
Few Other Useful Products For Gun Cleaning & Safety
Making A Homemade Gun Cleaning Solvent: Is It Really Worth?
While gun cleaning seems to be a very simple job, it is not really as easy as it sounds to...
Tips for Cleaning Glock Pistol At Home
Shooting the aim point perfectly makes the hunting most enjoyable for shooters. And this can be only done when you...
5 Tips For Storing Your Guns Safe And Clean At Home
Many people will argue that firearms safety precautions defeat the purpose of having a firearm in the particular place. However...